2017 North Iowa Credit Union Chapter Scholarship Application- CLICK FOR APPLICATION Due April 15, 2017
We’re working with Iowa Student Loan to offer supplemental private student loans to help you pay for college.1
The Partnership Advance Education Loan (Partnership Loan):
- Provides terms and conditions upfront, so you know what you’re getting before you apply.
- Features variable and fixed interest rates.
- Lets you begin making principal and interest payments, make interest-only payments or defer payments while you attend school.
- Offers benefits such as an interest rate reduction and cosigner release.
Take advantage of Iowa Student Loan’s smart borrowing resources
- Student Loan Game Plansm to learn how you can reduce the amount you may need to borrow for college.
- Return on College Investment to explore jobs and earnings for graduates of specific majors.
- College Funding Forecaster to get a forecasted total college cost based on your financial aid award letter.
- Student Loan Coach, Iowa Student Loan’s blog for tips on how to prepare, plan for and finance college.
- Complete the FAFSA first.
The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is a free form provided by the U.S. Department of Education that may be completed without professional assistance via paper application or online at www.fafsa.gov. In your award letter from your college, the financial aid office will inform you of your eligibility for federal student loans.
- Work with your college financial aid office.
Contact the financial aid professionals at your college or university to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan. Accepting a private loan before using other types of available aid may decrease your eligibility for federal, state and institutional aid.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in postsecondary education.
1 North Iowa Community Credit Union is compensated by Iowa Student Loan for the referral of Partnership Loan customers.