WE’RE MAKING AN UPGRADE to an improved core system and new debit card processor that allows us to enhance the products and services that you’ll enjoy as a valued member! We will be providing you with all the information you’ll need to make this a simple and smooth transition.
Both NICCU branches will be CLOSED Saturday, September 1 – Monday, September 3 to prepare for upgrades. Online Banking and Mobile App will be unavailable during this time.
Contact us for more information on obtaining a second form of payment over the holiday weekend.
YOUR DEBIT CARD AND PIN WILL CHANGE
Debit Cards are being sent this week, please watch your mail. Do NOT shred your old card until Tuesday morning. You can activate this new card at any time and you can begin using it on Tuesday, September 4. Your current card will become INACTIVE on Tuesday, September 4. Please destroy the old card at that time.
Your new card is an orange card with North Iowa Community Credit Union Logo under the sticker. Activate anytime by calling the 800 number on the card from your primary phone number that we have on file (this is a security measure). Give us a call if you want to update or confirm your primary phone number. You will not be receiving another mailer with your pin information. Please listen closely to the prompts when customizing your pin. The envelope will NOT have the credit union’s name as a return address or mention that your new card is enclosed.
If you are joint on an account, you may need to call from the primary member’s phone number and use the primary member’s SSN to activate.
Contact any merchant whom you have set up recurring payments to update card information. i.e. Netflix, Hulu, etc.
E-statements and QuickBooks information must be pulled from online banking by August 31 at Noon. This includes all August transactions. Past eStatements and online records will not be available going forward in our new online banking. See Bill Pay for bill pay information.
ONLINE BANKING RE-ENROLLMENT
All Online Banking users must re-enroll beginning Tuesday, September 4 at 12PM. To implement the new system, Online Banking will be NOT available beginning on August 31, 2018 to Sept 4, 2018. Step-by-step directions available HERE.
ONLINE BILL PAY
New bill payment setup will be unavailable from August 26 – September 3, however already scheduled bill payments will process through August 31. September bill payments will process as planned as long as you have re-enrolled in online banking. We assure you that during this transition, the following items will not be impacted:
- Any scheduled Bill Payments that you have established before August 26, 2018
- Any Bill Payment Payees that you already have established
- Any scheduled transfers that you have set up within Online Banking
Although these items will be maintained and converted for you, so that they do not need to be reestablished, we highly suggest that you print a copy of your scheduled bill payments, and payees, along with your scheduled transfers prior to August 31. After the conversion takes place, and you re-enroll in online banking after September 4 at noon, please verify that all of these items converted appropriately. You must re-enroll in online banking to activate any scheduled payments after September 1, 2018.
The Mobile App will be down for improvements from Friday, August 31 at 3:00PM CST to Tuesday, September 4 at 12:00PM CST. If you use the old TouchBanking Mobile App, please delete that during that time and download the new app after Tuesday, September 4 at noon.
QuickBooks and Quicken
North Iowa Community Credit Union will be updating its internet banking service on September 1, 2018. As part of this update, you will need to perform a final download of transactions by August 31, 2018 at noon.
To continue using Quicken after September 4, 2018, you will need to complete an account deactivation and reactivation process. Documents detailing how to complete this process are available HERE.
Thank you for being a valued member of North Iowa Community Credit Union. Please watch for information regarding upgrades via mail or check back here for all the need-to-know information.
We are very sorry for any troubles this switch to a new computer system has caused. We apologize if you have been attempting to call and have been unable to get through as our offices and phone lines were backed up. Unfortunately, we have had some hiccups and some startup issues, but our staff, as always, are working hard to try and accommodate as many people as possible. We will continue to do our very best to serve our members and answer questions. Again, thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition.
If you have not received your new card:
1. Give us a call if you have not received your card. We can verify your mailing informaiton and order a new card if needed.
In order to activate your card:
1. Call 800-717-4923
2. Make sure you are calling from your primary phone number on file and using the last four of the SSN of the primary account holder. If you need to verify # or make a change please let us know.
3. Follow the prompts to activate your PIN – even if you are going to use your old pin you must submit PIN to use card as debit.
In order to reset PIN after you already activated card:
You must update your pin on the new system because the new system does not know what your old PIN was. You will be able reset your PIN to exactly what it used to be but you must follow these steps to get it to work properly.
1. Call 800-717-4923
2. Go through the activation prompts again and then listen for the prompts.
3. After the recording says you’ve activated your card, wait for the prompt asking you to press 1 if you’d like to change your PIN. YOU MUST PRESS 1 AND ENTER A NEW PIN, even if you are going to use your old PIN.
In order to sign-up for online banking:
1. Go to www.niccu.com – Under login select: Sign up for Home Banking and fill out the information.
MEMBER NUMBER: CALL US IF YOU NEED TO GET YOUR NUMBER
SOCIAL SECURITY: (no dashes)
BIRTH DATE: (MM/DD/YYYY)
2. Create your login ID and answer security questions.
3. You will get a temporary password sent to your e-mail. Be sure to check junk/spam folder. If you do not receive it, please call us to set up a temporary password.
4. If you need help, please call or stop by and we will work with you to get it set up.
If you see transaction history that says, “North Iowa EDB Trans,” that is a transaction that took place over the Holiday Weekend. Please check the amount against any purchases you made. If the amount does not look familiar, give us a call and we can research the transaction.
If you normally get an eStatement, you will be getting your August statement mailed to you to verify transactions. Login to Online Banking to re-establish eStatements.
Again, we truly appreciate our members and their sincere kindness shown to us! Thank you for being a member at North Iowa Community Credit Union.
North Iowa Community Credit Union
Tips to Prepare:
• Download all of your online statements each month as past statements will not be available online after September 1st. This includes exporting into QuickBooks.
• Online Banking, Mobile App, and Telebanking will not be available over Labor Day Weekend, please plan accordingly.
• Our Mastercard, Cash and Travel Cards are also great secondary forms of payment to have available that weekend.Apply for our low-rate, simple Mastercard as a back up form of payment for the Holiday Weekend (September 1-3rd.)
Take a trip with us…
- Offices & Online banking closed September 1-3, 2018- Labor Day Weekend
- Re-enrollment in online banking starting September 4, 2018
- New Debit Cards have arrived. Please call if you have not received your new card.
- Online Bill Pay will only activate after you re-enroll in online banking.
- New Mobile App!