Sign up for FREE Bill Pay and simplify your life.
You won’t have to worry about stamps, envelopes or trips to the post office. Bill Pay lets you pay your bills online, all in one place. And you can make payments anywhere, anytime, even when you’re traveling. It also works around your life, because you can schedule single or recurring payments in just a few steps.
Bill Pay is also the most convenient way to keep tabs on your payments. Now you can track your payments history at a glance, and follow all your past, present and future scheduled transactions. Bill Pay is a service that allows you to pay virtually any company through your online banking account. You determine who you want to pay, when you want to make the payment and which checking account you want the payment to come from. It’s safe, secure and easy to use.
To get started, simply log into your Online Banking account and select the “Bill Pay” link to access the enrollment form.
The first step is to add a payee, the person or company you wish to pay. Here’s how easy it is:
- Log into your Online Banking account and click the “Bill Pay” link.
- Add your payee from the “Payees” tab.
- Enter the requested information. Typically this information can be found on your latest bill statement.
Once you add your payee, you can start making payments in seconds.
****Please note that Bill Pay does require an active checking account.
You can pay virtually any business or individual with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, you can pay utilities, cable bills or credit cards, or individuals such as a landlord, babysitter or relative.You can access bill pay from your online banking or the mobile app. Simply click “I want to” to begin. Your options are:
- Pay Bills– You can set up a payee to pay the bill. Follow prompts to set this up. If you have a bill that has an account number associated (for example a reference number on a bill), you must include that information to ensure it is credited to the proper account.
- PicturePay– Only available on the mobile app. Pay your bills simply by taking a picture of the bill with your smartphone. PicturePay streamlines the process and eliminates the need for a keyboard by completing the data entry for the user. Using PicturePay, you eliminate the hassle of entering the payee and account information online.
- View Payments– to see past and scheduled payments. You can only set up one time payments on the app or you can set up one time or reoccuring transactions using the desktop.
- ACH Payment-This option is available upon request. It would allow you to electronically send a payment to an account at another financial if you have the name, account number, and routing information for the other account.
- Update my Preferences-Update your email address, next check number and turn on alerts, such as email notifications
- Leave Feedback-This goes to the makers of bill pay. If you wish to contact NICCU, please call 888-424-2281 or use the messages within Homebanking.
Question and Answers
Q: How are online payments delivered?
A: Payments are sent one of two ways—electronically or by paper check. The majority of payments are delivered electronically. Your payment information, such as your account number, is sent via secure transmission. All other payments are made by paper checks that are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service. When setting up or scheduling payments, please allow for a few extra days for paper checks.
Q: How can I make a payment electroncially if it is set to go by check?
A: If it is set to go by check, do NOT change it to electroncially because it will default to go electronically, if that is an option. If you manually switch it from check to electronically, the merchant will likely not be able to take it electronically. If you have a payment that you would like to go electroncially and is currently going by paper check, contact NICCU and we will make a request to add the desired merchant as an electronic payment if able.
Q: Is Bill Pay secure?
A: Paying bills online is one of the safest ways to pay your bills. Bill Pay helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills and statements. It also increases your privacy because only you can access your account information, account numbers and payment history. As a result, you maintain tighter control of your account with real-time access to your payments activity.
Q: How long does it take before my payment is received?
A: Generally, your payment is received within 2 to 7 days, depending on whether or not it is sent electronically or via paper check. Please allow for a few extra days for paper checks as the merchant may not process on the day they receive the payment.
Q: How are the scheduled payments processed with Bill Pay?
A: You can pick a date in the future to have the payment sent. Most scheduled payments are sent electronically and funds are withdrawn from your account on the payment date selected.